Saturday, June 2, 2012

Being Green


 Today's post is all about the green. Green has always been one of my favorite colors. But now. Now when it matters, green has become my refuge. 

Where would we be without green? Its power is unmistakable. Green = life.

Green is verdant. It is alive, lush, wet, and pure. When I think of green, my breath comes easier and my mind is imbued with the strength of a thousand peaceful forests. When I meditate upon the color green, I can imagine my entire being filled to overflowing with vibrant green light. Every cell inside of me, full and radiating green light.  Even in winter, when all things seem lost, there are the evergreens. They stand tall and sure and hold before us the promise that spring will indeed come again.

When it comes to tea, green is best. Do you know why you should drink it? Not just because it is the color of clear emeralds, although if color has energy (which I believe it does) the energy of green tea is vibrant. Green tea: 
  • Eliminates free radicals (slows aging!)
  • Lowers bad cholesterol
  • normalizes blood pressure
  • helps fight bacteria and viruses, cancer
  • increases good flora in your digestive tract
  • stabalizes diabetes
  • assists in weight loss
  • fights cancer (even leukemia cells!)
The heart chakra is green At Chakra Anatomy I found this: 
"People with strong green energy stand tall and radiate openness. Those with weak green energy appear tight in the upper body, they are slouching - their shoulders are drawn forward, protecting the heart center, and their head and neck are brought forward as well."
Hmmm, my passion for green may be trying to tell me something. My posture has always been not so great in the shoulders and upper body. Today... I will try and stand tall and open up my heart.

They also say that green is the energy of love and transformation. And that the green heart chakra is the place where you open up and connect to something more, something bigger, the spiritual, the divine.
"As you unfold the petals of your heart chakra, you find the seat of compassion, not only for others, but for yourself as well. You begin to radiate love. You begin to sense the interconnectedness of all of life."
Today, I am green. I am vibrant. I am filled with the energy of all living things. I will stand tall, and open my heart to compassion for others, and compassion for myself. I will walk through this day with vibrance, and feel the connection between myslef and every other form of life I see, and all those that I do not.

Have a blessed Tuesday! 











 







 



No comments:

Post a Comment