Saturday, June 2, 2012

Crazy Sexy New me


So. You are probably wondering why there is a picture of a serene beach. Well, not that anyone reads this blog and is  actually sitting and pondering that question...but I digress. 
The beach, the cottage, the tranquil water, the warm sand, the palm trees, the sun...it is what I feel I need at this moment. In about 2.5 hours I will be sitting in the oncologists office listening to him tell me how good...or bad...the canser (spelled this way thanks to Kris Carr of Crazy Sexy Cancer, "just to let some oxygen back into the room" she says) that I currently have in my immune system is.
Immune system. Interesting little part of the body that keeps us alive. As important it turns out as our heart, our brain, our lungs. My immune system has always been peculiar. I have been diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Post Viral Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, Undifferentiated Connective Tissue Disease...all little labels and other ways to say "WAKE UP! YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM IS SICK!" 
     Oh that had I known waaaay back then, what I know now. It is possible to help your ailing failing immune system! How? Whole foods. No crap. No diet soda. No white anything. No dairy. Greens. Beautiful, vibrant, life giving greens. Tomatoes, garlic, onions, lemons, whole grains like quinoa, sprouted beans and seeds, forbidden rice, brown rice, oranges, apples, pears....juice. Juice! Oh how I wish I had taken care of me then. Because I would not be in freak out mop up the mess mode now.

We live in a toxic society. We are bombarded daily with chemicals, plastics, petroleum products, exhaust, bleach, pesticides, herbicides, antibiotics...even our personal care products are FULL of toxins! Shampoo, conditioner, body wash, tooth paste, foundation, eye shadow, mascara, lip stick, shaving gel, mousse, hair spray! Unless these are made with safe natural ingredients you are pouring and smearing toxic soups onto your skin...the largest organ in your body. The water we drink even contains unsafe chemicals! Our foods are sprayed with pesticides,and herbicides, our soil treated with petroleum chemicals, our seeds have been genetically modified, animals are kept and treated in inhumane conditions, pumped full of toxins and fed unnatural diets to support our need for meat. We are killing our selves, killing our planet, damaging our children...and it has got to stop.

My education begins now. Strangely though, I had already known a lot of it. And I even thought I was eating my greens. Ha! I was flirting with the idea of eating greens, I was not filling my plate with chlorophyll. I was adding a small salad, maybe some wilted spinach in my quesadilla's. I was too busy. Too busy to eat right. Too busy to knock out the coffee. Too busy to cook. Too busy to juice. Too busy to move my body. Too busy to pray.  Well guess what? I am not too busy now.

I am fighting depression. I have canser. Of course I am fighting depression. But the sky is not working with me here! In Montana right now, the sky is gray. The trees are bare. The dull lifeless colors of the outside world curl me into a ball. But into a ball I will not stay. I am going to do what I can to fill my world with color. I am going to beg borrow and plead for a way to get to the sun for a few days, a month, a year :D.  I am going to look at the pictures of the beach and the sky and I am going to meditate on the exquisite wonderfulness of them. 

An excellent book, whether you have cancer or not is Crazy Sexy Diet.
  Get this book. Change your life. Do it now, because we only get so many wake-up calls!

No comments:

Post a Comment